Thursday, November 8, 2007

Welcome to my Electric Bass Guitar Lessons Blog

I have been playing electric bass for 20 years. I started out with an $85 Cort bass. I started by learning Beatles songs. In Jr High I was way into Rush. Then in High School, I got more into the studio bassists like Stuart Ham, Stanley Clarke, and Michael Manring. After I graduated, I fell in love with Reggae bass. This is the style that first really taught me about the importance of groove and how to swing rhythms with an electric bass. I currently am really into the perfect bass lines of Motown bassist James Jamerson.

The point of this blog is to give you a place to learn things about the electric bass guitar and things to help you be a better bassist, chop wise and attitude wise. I will be locating videos that I feel teach you something useful about the bass. Then you can watch them over and over to learn differnt tricks and riffs etc. Send me the link to a good electric bass lesson and I'll post it.

The first lesson is a video of Bill Dickens. I found this quite interesting. He talks about his practice technique. He give you exercises that will have you playing some very fast licks. He is seriously diciplined. Check out his chops. I think he's faster than Victor Wooten. Hope you like you first electric bass guitar lesson.

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter